Thursday, September 16, 2010

Borked

First, let me profusely apologize for the substantial lack of posting for the past 2 weeks.
Seems as though following & subscribing to 1,700 blogs will mess up your reader.
Badly.
I lost about half of my feeds, and the ones I was getting were coming a day or two after they were published.
I use email alerts, blog searches & submissions to fill posts, but mostly I use my reader. If it isn't working the way it should, it's almost impossible to run this blog.
I was hoping it would fix itself.
Um, no.
So I unfollowed a few (hundred).
Still didn't fix it.
Apparently, when you break your Google Reader as badly as I broke mine, there is only one way to fix it. I spent my entire day unfollowing & unsubscribing to every blog in my reader. Including the 200 or so that no longer exist.
Tomorrow I will spent a good portion of my day refollowing & resubscribing.
Just maybe not every blog on the internet this time.

(and the title is not a typo. If you don't mind a bit of crude humor, check out Very Demotivational to understand the reference.)

5 comments:

katychick said...

oh my, I actually just started folling this blog and today i was like- what happened- where is the new post...hehehe.....glad you are still there.
thanks for all your hard work.

MommyWantsToRead said...

Number one hands down even over the past two weeks you are still the best at telling us about the giveaways. Number two ok so there is no number two LOL.

floating said...

wow! that is a lot off blogs to follow. Thanks for finding and sharing all these giveaways. You are awesome. Sooo I am wondering how many blogs you can follow.
lol i liked the borked link

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i feel your pain b/c it takes SO MUCH time to go through and unfollow, i'm trying to do it now. thank you for all the links, especially the book links :)

Hippie4ever said...

I appreciate all your hard work! I've won at least 3 giveaways thanks to you :)