Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Fresh Air Fund

I live in the boonies. I have my whole life. It means I have a 30 minute drive to buy Coffee Mate Chocolate Creamer for my coffee. It means people feel free to drop off their abandoned pets near my house. It means a 45 minute trip to the closest Mall.
But it also means that when I go out at night to feed the cats, I may find an opossum or raccoon enjoying my cat food. I've literally almost ran into deer while taking a walk, experienced the sight of baby woodchucks frolicking in a field, had a hummingbird fly into my house. In spring my daughter can pick bouquets of wildflowers & in the summer we are serenaded to sleep by the sound of thousands of peepers chirruping to their mates. I can not imagine living a life that doesn't include being surrounded by nature.



Every year, The Fresh Air Fund gives thousands of inner-city children the priceless gift of fun – and opens the door to a lifetime of opportunities.

~~~ Just $10 will send one child on a bus ride to his or her Friendly Town host family.
~~~ $24 provides a child with a week of swimming lessons.
~~~ $42 provides a day of Career Awareness classes
~~~ A gift of $50 can fund a camp counselor for a day.
~~~ If you can give as much as $91, you provide a child at camp with meals for a week.

If you are considering a charitable donation this holiday season, why not help give the gift of nature? You can donate to The Fresh Air Fund here.

No comments: